Have you ever tried to do gel polish ombre nails? Read our short guide and try to do it by yourself at home!
This is one of the most popular nail design methods. Ombre nails have been with us for years and this nail trend is still very popular. Why? A perfectly prepared nail plate, well-chosen colors and a well-made ombre will make your nail art look impressive.
Ombre gel nails are a nail trend that will work fantastic as summer nails or winter nails. In the summertime, you can use neon or light pastel colors to create a fresh nails look. Winter is the time of glitters and dark shades. They are also great to do ombre gel nails in matte
It's just the colors that create the magic here.
Simply use red and nude colors and your ombre Valentines nails are ready. Silver and violet glitter ombre it's a great idea for a New Years Eve party. For the winter nails we suggest trying matte ombre nails. This will add more warmth to your look.
Tip: If you are starting with ombre gel nails choose shades that are similar in tone and brightness it will be easier for you blending the colors
It's a relatively simple method and doesn't require much. You will need at least two colors but from the experience, we know that using three colors will create the best nails with an ombre effect.
To create the blur effect between the colors, you can use a Semilac ombre brush or simply a makeup sponge if you don’t have the brush. (Tip: cut the makeup sponge and use the surface from the inside it will be easier to create the ombre effect on nails)
How to do ombre nails with gel polish without a sponge? Use Semilac Ombre Brush. It has been specially designed to easily achieve high quality ombre nails effect. Using the brush, you are avoiding bubbles and paint dirt on the skin around the nail plate which the sponge can cause.
The basis of all nail styles is the appropriate preparation of the nail plate. Push back the dead skin, cut the cuticles and give the right shape.
Don’t forget to secure the free edge. You can also use coloured gel polish base coat (for example Semilac Fiber Base) for the better effect when doing light pastel gel nails ombre.
First thing is to blend colors with gently and quick horizontal brush moves. Then with the tip of the brush gentle spread of the product near the lines where the color was mixed.
You can use standard shiny top coat or matte top coat
There are few ways to create ombre gel nails using manicure or makeup sponge.
You can apply all nail polish to the sponge by painting colored stripes and then apply varnish from the sponge onto your nail. Make sure to cut the sponge to thin layers. It will minimize paint dirt on surrounding skin.
Tip: UseAdhesive Tape to remove fibers from the sponge.
Or you can apply varnish first and then blend it using a sponge. We suggest using this option. It may be more time consuming, but the effect will be more precise. Apply the base coat and then base color. Next thing is to apply another color. Let's say in the middle of the nail plate and blur it using a sponge. Cure this layer and again apply color but this time just a bit lower than before and cure it. Repeat action to achieve gorgeous ombre effect on nails.
Tip: Be patient with blending each layer to achieve a seamless gradient.
1. Sweater weather collection: 563 Heartwarming, 553 Lazy Morning, 560 Frosty Morning & Top Mat Coat
2. Delicate grey ombre nails: 141 Lady In Grey, 205 Blue Grey, 001 Strong White.
3. Extend 5in1 Dirty Peach 817, SemiArt Amarant
1. Semilac 258 Platinum Intense Pink & 088 Blue Ink
2. Semilac 037 Gold Disco, 094 Pink Gold, 144 Diamond Ring
3. Semilac 109 Miss Of The World, 144 Diamond Ring, 256 Platinum Violet & Semilac Ombre Brush
1. Semilac 229 Light Blue, 175 Lavender Cream, 003 Sweet Pink, Top Mat Total
2. Semilac 044 Intense Blue, 040 Canary Green, 036 Pearl Violet, 146 Purple King, 171 Porto Marine
3. Semilac 208 Mild Beige, od lewej - 102 Pastel Peach, 543 Bon Voyage, 130 Sleeping Beauty, 145 Lila Story, 545 Time to Fly
4. Semilac 566 Neon Orange, Extend 5w1 816 Pale Nude, Top No Wipe Real Color
5. Semilac 555 Pink Bang, 135 Frappe
6. Semilac 047 Pink Peach Milk, 130 Sleeping Beauty, Top Mat Total & Semilac Ombre Brush